Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
Litigation can prove time-consuming and become costly, so even a trial win may not be the best way to resolve disputes. Although we enjoy an impressive record of courtroom achievements, Frilot LLC attorneys seek to optimize case outcomes while managing the costs, time and stress of a lawsuit. Our attorneys evaluate the most appropriate and effective strategies to reach clients’ goals. We routinely use arbitration, mediation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) as pragmatic ways to meet our clients' needs.
Our ADR practitioners are accomplished trial attorneys, and several are formally ADR-trained and often serve as mediators and arbitrators, themselves. From minor two-party conflicts to multimillion-dollar multi-party matters, we use arbitration and mediation to resolve disputes involving:
- Admiralty and maritime cases
- Foreign law
- Commodities trading disputes
- Healthcare disputes
- Oil and gas matters
- Commercial disputes
- Business torts
- Construction claims
- Labor and employment matters
We counsel clients on how to incorporate ADR into their everyday business practices. We work with clients to prepare contract provisions, organizational procedures and guidelines on using arbitration and mediation to settle commercial disputes and internal matters.
Frilot LLC attorneys assess which venue is best suited for each case. Our attorneys have handled numerous arbitrations, both domestic and abroad, in forums sponsored by:
- American Arbitration Association (AAA)
- American Health Lawyers’ Association (AHLA)
- Cairo Regional Center For International Commercial Arbitration (CRCICA)
- China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (CIETAC)
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
- International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR)
- International Court of Arbitration (ICC)
- International Institute for Conflict Prevention & Resolution (CPR)
- London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
- London Maritime Arbitrators Association (LMAA)
- Maritime Arbitration Association of the United States (MAA)
- Society of Maritime Arbitrators (SMA)
- Swiss Chambers' Arbitration Institution (SCAI)
Our attorneys’ experience includes disputes arising out of bilateral investment treaties and the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) requiring international arbitration in the International Center for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) or arbitrations under the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL) Arbitration Rules. We serve on the American Arbitration Association Panel for complex litigation, environmental, health care energy and construction disputes.
Our attorneys also have substantial experience mediating disputes, both as advocates for a particular client and as neutral mediators. Often, our attorneys reach a favorable result that might not be possible through trial alone.