Louisiana State University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 1996, J.D.
Louisiana State University, 1993, B.A.
BAR & COURT ADMISSIONS
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
American Bar Association
Louisiana Business and Industry (LABI) Employment Relations Council
Frilot partner Renee G. Culotta's practice is dedicated to employment litigation and pro-active employment counseling. Ms. Culotta defends employers and management in harassment and discrimination lawsuits, including claims involving age, race, sex, religious and disability discrimination and retaliation.
Ms. Culotta regularly counsels clients on day-to-day employment matters to troubleshoot and resolve problems and assist clients in minimizing the risks inherent in all employment decisions. Ms. Culotta guides clients through a myriad of employment issues, such as recruiting and hiring, drafting employment contracts, reviewing disciplinary counseling and terminations, advising employees regarding recordkeeping, engaging in the interactive process and offering reasonable accommodations under the ADA, managing leaves of absence under the FMLA, and other workplace issues. As an example of pro-active employment counseling, Ms. Culotta is in charge of manning a toll-free hotline to advice members of a statewide organization on all labor and employment laws.
Prior to attending law school, Ms. Culotta gained first-hand experience in human resources by working in the HR department of a Baton Rouge health clinic. During law school, Ms. Culotta worked at the Pentagon conducting sexual harassment and other employment investigations for the Department of the Army, for which she received a letter of commendation.
Ms. Culotta regularly presents training seminars on labor and employment laws to employment organizations and clients. Past attendees have found Ms. Culotta's speaking engagements to be 'thorough,' 'organized,' 'impressive,' 'very useful' and 'informative;' Ms. Culotta's speaking style is 'energetic' and she keeps the audience's attention through case studies and skits. As one attendee summed it up, Ms. Culotta 'knows her topic and likes what she does!'
- Recent Noteworthy Cases:
- Cherry v. Shaw Coastal, Inc., 2010 WL 3035758 (M.D. La. Aug. 3, 2010)
- Chivleatto v. Sportsman's Cove, Inc., 05-136 (La. App. 5 Cir. 6/28/05); 907 So.2d 815
- Guillot v. Walgreen Louisiana, Inc., 2008 WL 1744717 (W.D. La. April 16, 2008)
- Hartz v. Administrators of the Tulane Educational Fund, 275 Fed. Appx. 281, 2008 WL 176686 (5th Cir. April 16, 2008)
- Kirk v. Shaw Environmental, Inc., 2010 WL 2162018 (N.D. Ohio May 25, 2010)
- Lowe v. Capital One, Nat. Ass'n., 2009 WL 3149598 (W.D. La. Sept. 25, 2009)
- Mendonca v. Tidewater Inc., 2003-1015 (La. App. 4th Cir. 12/17/03), 862 So.2d 505, writ denied, 2004-0426 (La. 4/8/04), 870 So.2d 272, appeal after remand, 2005-1166 (La. App. 4 Cir. 5/31/06), 933 So.2d 233, writ denied, 2006-1808 (La. 10/27/06), 939 So.2d 1280, cert. denied, 549 U.S. 1309, 127 S.Ct. 1883, 167 L.Ed.2d 371 (2007)
- Montgomery v. Sears, 2010 WL 4781438 (W.D. La. Oct. 14, 2010), aff'd, 2010 WL 4777896 (W.D. La. Nov. 17, 2010)
- Rathbun v. AutoZone, Inc., 361 F.3d 62 (1st Cir. 2004)
- Sanders v. AT&T, 2006 WL 2331161 (E.D. La. Aug. 9, 2006)