Tulane Law School, New Orleans, Louisiana, 1987, J.D.
Louisiana State University, 1983, B.A.
BAR & COURT ADMISSIONS
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
Committee for Liason with the EEOC, OFCCP
SEMINARS / SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
Considerations in Analyzing Client and Former Client Conflict of Interest
Transportation Law Institute
Hiring and Interviewing
Transportation Law Institute
Evaluation of Employee Performance
Chamber of Commerce
AIDS Discrimination in Hospitals
Louisiana Society of Hospital Attorneys
What About Unions in Healthcare and Nonprofit Facilities?
Council on Aging
Overview of Current Labor Issues and What You Must Know to Comply
National Business Institute
Theft, Lies and Videotape: Protecting Your Organization From Employee Fraud
Council on Education in Management
AWARDS & HONORS:
Best Lawyers in America, Litigation- Labor & Employment, 2014 - 2017
New Orleans City Business 'Ones to Watch in Law', April 2014
National Diversity Council's Louisiana Glass Ceiling Award, 2013
Louisiana Super Lawyer 2007, 2008, 2013
Leadership in Law, Top 50 Attorneys in New Orleans, 2008
Leslie Ehret is a partner in the firm's Labor & Employment Practice Area. She works with companies of all sizes, from Fortune 500 companies to small, privately held companies.
She has extensive experience litigating all types of employment claims in federal and state courts on behalf of employers, including:
- Wage and hour
- Employment agreements, non-competition, non-solicitation, and unfair competition
- Defamation and other employment torts
- Whistle Blower
- Class and collective actions
In addition to defending employers in litigation, Ms. Ehret conducts investigations, assists with disability, leave and health management and advises employers regarding day-to-day employment matters and employment policies and procedures. She conducts training sessions for human resources departments, managers and supervisors on myriad workplace issues including:
- Supervisory Training: The Basics
- Prevention of Sexual and Other Forms of Harassment
- Documentation: Why? When? How?
- What You Don't Know Might Hurt You: Sage Advise for Managers and Supervisors
- Top Ten Wage and Hour Mistakes
- Hiring Mr. Right and Firing Ms. Wrong
- Theft, Lies and Videotope: Protecting Your Organization from Employee Fraud
- ADA & FMLA
- Dealing with Problem Employees
Ms. Ehret is active in community affairs. She is a volunteer with numerous charities and fundraising initiatives in New Orleans. She has also been designated The Best Lawyers in America award for 2019.
- Trial attorney in race discrimination case proposed as class action in which class certification was defeated
- Lead attorney in seminal case regarding H2-B visa workers
- Represented chairman of large organization in sexual harassment case which was resolved in favor of the client
- Advised national company in corporate reorganization and downsizing
- Advised several Louisiana companies in right - sizing after Hurricane Katrina
- Trial attorney in race and gender case proposed as class action in which class certification was defeated.
- Advises companies on labor and employment issues related to acquisitions and mergers.